Please pre-register here if you plan to attend the 25th Annual Placer Artists Studios Tour. By pre-registering you will receive the following:
- A chance to win a $100 "Silver Ticket" that can be used to purchase any single item from any artist on the Tour (cannot be used on multiple pieces or artists). Five lucky people will be chosen by random drawing on November 1, 2018 to receive one of the "Silver Ticket" coupons.
- Updated tour and "insider" information on tour artists, special events and announcements.
- Special deals on local eateries, wineries, breweries and places of interest (and maybe a few more surprises).
- A guaranteed copy of the commemorative Silver Anniversary "Tour Guide" ($3.00 value)
- Random "swag" opportunities at the Artist Studios.
Your information will not be shared with anyone else and will only be used for Arts Council of Placer County arts-related programs and events
The Arts Council of Placer County is working with the Gold Country Fair in Auburn this year and has been given the task of filling up The Auburn Host Lions Building and surrounding grounds. The theme of the Fair is California Nights and Carnival Lights. We are working on a theme for our area, and there is a space included on this form for any suggestion you may have.
The Fair will take place on September 6-9, 2018 at the Gold Country Fairgrounds in Auburn during the following times:
- Thursday, September 6, 4pm-11pm
- Friday, September 7, 4pm-12am
- Saturday, September 8, 11am-12am
- Sunday, September 9, 11am-10pm
The expected attendance for this Fair is app. 28,000, and was 26,000 last year. It has a very good reputation and is a regional draw.
The theme of this year's Fair is California Nights and Carnival Lights. The Arts Council is working on a theme for our area and will have a preview show up for our 25th annual Placer Artists Studios Tour. We will also be inviting artists to rent a booth space if they wish to display their work. The Gold Country Writers also have a spot in the building.
If you are an artist and wish to rent a booth space in which to display and sell your artwork, please do not fill in this form. The "Call to Artists" for this Fair can be found at: www.placerarts.org beginning on August 10, 2018.
In addition, we are giving all of Placer County's Arts organizations the opportunity to have a display in our area for no charge. We are open for ideas, but do have a number of display panels available for those organizations interested in displaying art. Performing arts, makers, libraries, etc. are all invited to apply. The deadline to turn in your request is Friday, August 24.
We will also have a very small stage available for performances during the weekend. You will have an opportunity to apply for one of these spots in the application. We are looking for "background" entertainment at this stage, as the building space is not suitable for anything too loud or large. There might also be an opportunity to perform outside in a larger area. We will be programming this around the stage schedule directly across the courtyard from us.
There are two important requirements to consider before applying:
- Your display must be up the entirety of the fair, but you are not required to staff it. We are not looking for just a table with some brochures on it, we are looking for some creativity that will embody the creative arts scene in our county.
- For anyone who is accepted, you need to fulfill 8 hours of a "building monitor" position during the Fair. We will decide on this schedule after we see who is accepted. Please fill out the following information.